Saturday, December 3, 2011

Ella

I used to joke that because my pregnancy and subsequent delivery of my son was so difficult that if he hadn't been my first he would have been my last.

Well, with the delivery of my last baby I have a new tune.  If she had been my first, she would have been my last.

Don't get me wrong.  I love her a lot and she's a great joy in my life.

However she is so much needier than her older siblings were.  I joke that she's in such a hurry to walk because it'll make it easier to chase me into other rooms.  I can't parent her like I did my older two.  I am not a clingy, huggy person, and really like my personal space.  Which according to Ella, my personal space is her personal space.  It's very wearing and when I have two other children to attend to it's even more wearing.

However, I did not make her this way.  Believe it or not babies really do have their own personalities.  They're going to change over the years, but no two baby is the same.  Which is why there are so many parenting techniques out there.  Different babies have different needs.

So, the next person that "corrects" me when I say Ella needs me more is gonna get the brunt of my fury because it's getting old.

*ramblings brought to you by a mother that has spent most her morning listening to a baby scream because she was trying to get chores done and can't do them holding the baby*

No comments:

Post a Comment