Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lily's party

I am so very glad that Ella is my last child.  I had to call in my mom to help me with the party.  Though her helping ended up being her holding the baby because her breading the fish sticks was driving me crazy.  It's okay to get your fingers dirty, Mom.

Also is it wrong that I got annoyed with her because she brought a present for each one of the children?  She said she didn't want Dedrick to feel left out.  It's not his birthday and he needs to learn that it's not always about him.  Especially since he's been screwing up lately.  *head desk*

Either way Lily's birthday went well.  I can't say the whole day went well.  Dedrick moved something and forgot that he moved it.  He couldn't just say he forgot.  He lied about what he did with it.  We had a discussion with him that things would have gone a lot better for him if he hadn't lied about it.

Anyway...to Lily's birthday party.

The cupcakes went over well.  We did a "cupcake war" though only one of my judges actually gave his opinion about it.  I didn't get any points for appearance though...not that I was going for points for appearance.  I have a ton of the potato salad my aunt made left over.  My inlaws ate the potato salad that my MIL brought.  That's okay.  I didn't want to share my potato salad anyway.  My aunt made it special for me.  Yeah, Lily's birthday party, but it's my favorite potato salad.

Lily got clothes, a sleep over bag, two books, a stuffed horse, and a bubble blower.  She was thrilled with what she got.  She has been wanting a new bubble blower since the last one she had broke.  Though I really wish if people are going to ask for what size you need for your child that they would get that size and not the next size up.  She's just now growing into 3T stuff.  Buying her 4T summer stuff will guarantee that I'll have to store it somewhere until next year.

She had a lot of fun too.  She got to hang out with cousins she doesn't normally see and she got to go stomp in puddles outside.  She loves to play outside.

I'm definitely not having anymore children.  Two birthday parties a year is enough for me.  It's too loud and crowded.  Especially since my house is crowded with just our immediate family in it.

2 comments:

  1. I think you meant 3 parties a year. Unless you have plans to rehome one of those kids. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I mean two. Dedrick and Ella will share family parties. I'm mean like that.

    ReplyDelete