Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wedding stuff

Periodically I work on planning wedding stuff.

Why you may ask?  Aren't you not getting married for at least another 2 years?  Starting to plan a wedding now seems crazy and Bridezilla-ish.

It might seem crazy, but I want to make sure I know what I'm getting into.  I don't want to be overwhelmed with details and trying to decide what I want.  I want to know what I want and to have a back up plan just in case things don't work out with my first choice.

Since I want an outdoor wedding so much I'm starting to thing a late summer wedding might be better than a fall wedding.  I just know that I don't want a church wedding.  The church has NOTHING to do with our relationship.

We both love the outdoors.  I have to admit that part of the reasoning is because I'm cheap.  I figure if we have an outdoor wedding that I might be able to get away with a more minimalistic decor.  My Aunt was going to take me to Eau Claire Dells this summer.  I saw an outdoor wedding there and it was beautiful.

I'm thinking purple, green, and silver for wedding colors.  I told my maid of honor...yes, I have already picked one because she's hardcore awesome.  Either way I told her that I want the bridesmaid dresses to be dresses they could easily wear for other events.  Shoot, I'm considering going for a colored dress for the same reason.  I hate the idea of investing money into something that I'd only wear once.  Also I don't care what color dresses my bridesmaids go with as long as it's one of the wedding colors.  I know I'm awful.

I just like going over these details.  Though I honestly can't seem to decide if I want wedding pie or wedding cheesecake because both are very appealing.  I just know I don't really want a wedding cake.  I'm not a huge fan of cake honestly.  I am more of a pie kind of person.  The summer is a good time for pie after all.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think starting to plan now is the sign of a Bridezilla. Now, if you were insisting that 15 bridesmaids each buy $1000 dress RIGHT NOW, that would qualify as Bridezilla behavior.

    Planning ahead is smart. Once you settle on a season, you can buy things for that season when they go on sale the year before. That's what I did. We bought things like spools of ribbon, fabric for dresses, and other seasonal items in the clearance sales.

    One thing to consider with Bridesmaid dresses: Target and other similar places have fairly inexpensive dresses that could easily be used for Bridesmaids dresses. Summery dresses are especially easy to find: http://www.target.com/Merona-Collection-Strapless-Dress-Flower/dp/B003VOHLWM/ref=sc_qi_detaillink

    ReplyDelete