Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I don't need diamonds

Greg and I are engaged.  Well, anyone would know that if they spent some time listening to me talk about him.

I don't have an engagement ring.  Why?  I don't need diamonds.  I don't need a ring to tell me how much Greg loves me.  I know he loves me when he helps me with the chores.  When he takes the children out of the house because he knows it's important for me to have quiet time to myself.  It's in everything he does for our children and how he puts us first as often as he can.  Diamonds are just material goods that look pretty.  I think what I have is much better than any piece of jewelry can do for me.

We'll get married...eventually, but that's another story altogether.  Yes, even married I'll still continue to not need a diamond, but that's just how I am.  Weird.

3 comments:

  1. You're always so convinced that you're weird. It's...cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely don't feel like I fit in when it comes to women I tend to meet here. It makes me feel like I must be the weird one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is awesome! I love diamonds, so I wanted a ring. But I have a friend who is just like you, so instead she got a tattoo where her ring is suppose to be. I thought that was pretty neat, you know if I could actually go through with that pain one day! Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete