Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Things my parents said...and some they shouldn't have

I find the longer I parent the more I say certain things my parents used to tell me as a child.  They drove me up the wall, but I swear it just comes out.  Apparently I was listening.

"Look with your eyes, not with your hands."
"I'm not telling you this to hear myself talk"
"I'm running away and I'm changing my name"
"Prior planning prevents piss poor performance"

I'm sure there are more things.  There are also things I refuse to say to my children that my parents said to me because it's just not something you say to a child.

"You're so dumb when god was handing out brains you thought he said trains and told him you didn't want any"
"You must secretly dye your hair brown over night."
"Don't make me give you a reason to cry."

Awesome.

I just hope I stick to the list above and never dwell to the list of soul crushing comments below.  Parenting is about learning from our parent's mistakes right?

No comments:

Post a Comment