Sunday, October 9, 2011

I'm a planner, but I'm at a loss

Right now my obsession is making a list of things I'm going to need for my trip.  I want to be able to get some of these things on clearance if I can.  I want to be able to talk to people to get what I need for free if I can.  I know my aunt would be willing to get toothpaste samples for me from her job.  She's awesome like that.  The less I spend on this trip the better I will feel about it.  The more I can do for less, the more I'll feel that I've done what I can to get my break while sparing my family a lot of expense.

These are the things I would like for my trip.

4 to 5 pairs of jeans. - I haven't bought a pair of jeans for myself in about 2 years.

7 tops (summer stuff) - I have a few tops I can wear just fine, but it's also been a while since I bought a top for myself.

2 new pairs of shoes - I need some nice shoes that are comfy for walking and some shoes I can wear in case we decide to go out.

1 skirt - Something that will go with one of the tops and be dressy, but not so dressy that I would never wear it again.

1 dress - This I prefer to spend the least amount of money on because I almost never wear dresses and almost never have a reason to wear a dress.  I just really want to go to a nice restaurant once while I'm in PA.  You know, one you have to dress up to get into.

Shampoo and conditioner samples - Though I'll probably need a few conditioner samples because I really go through the conditioner.

A very small container of deodorant - I think they limit the size of things you can pack with you.

Honestly, I've not gone anywhere for more than a couple nights for the past 7 years.  I have no idea what I should pack.  This is just the basic idea of what I think I should pack.  I didn't mention underwear because I have underwear that was bought for me recently. ;)  I also have mostly decent socks.  Please help me finish my to get list?  I could really use the help.

1 comment:

  1. Just remember you can pack what you want if you are checking your bag. If its all carry-on then you need to limit the sizes.

    Otherwise. You did a good list so far of what you need to buy. As for packing don't forget to put your charger for your phone on your list. I'm a list maker too and I almost forgot that once. Horrible feeling.

    ReplyDelete