Friday, September 16, 2011

On the floor, in the trash

One of Greg's biggest pet peeves is one of my habit.  If my food lands on the floor or the ground it goes in the trash.  I do not believe in the 5 second rule.  I don't care how clean your floor looks.  If my food lands on your floor I'm going to throw it away.

I gag a little on the inside when I see people eat food off the floor.  I do it even more if that person has a pet.  I have pets and know exactly how dirty their cute little paws are.  My cat has a litter box and the dog will walk through shit.  Your floor is dirty and disgusting the instant they touch it.

I honestly don't plan to change.  I just try to be sneaky about it now.  Since he has such an issue with me throwing away food I drop sometimes food I drop gets transferred from my plate to his.  I'll probably get flack for it, but I wouldn't do it if he didn't make such a big deal about it every time I do it.

Either way.  What's your stance on the 5 second rule?  Do you follow it or is it an on the floor, in the trash policy for you as well?

Oh and because I love Mythbusters.  Have fun watching this little educational video.

I can't seem to upload this because it's not on youtube, but it'd definitely worth watching.

1 comment: