Monday, September 26, 2011

Planning my escape.

I am planning a break.  I'm making time for myself next year and I'm going to make a list of things that need to get done between now and then.  I'm taking a friend up on an offer to stay at her apartment for a week.  I already spoke with Greg about it and he's not only okay with it.  He thinks it's something I need to do for myself.

I'm super excited.  I haven't been away from the children for that long in years...or ever.  I'll be updating my progress toward the goal.  I want to save up at least $800 because I want to have some spending money when I get there.  I hope to be there during restaurant week.  I promise to make updates as much as possible.

When we first started planning this I got so excited that I started shaking.  I've not had a legitimate break in years.  I've spent years being aggravated with Greg because at least 9 days out of the year he gets a break.  He's trying to get deer for us to eat, but he loves to hunt.  Not only that, but I know he spends time talking to his family before he comes home.  Normally by the time he gets home he's so tired from all the walking he's done that all he wants to do is sleep.  Which is probably why some women call themselves Rifle Season Widows.  It's also why during Rifle Season one of the jewelry stores in this area has ads just to guilt men into buying jewelry for their wives to make up for it.

Either way here is the list of things that must be done.

Teach Greg which inserts go in which diaper
Teach Greg diaper washing routine
Help him figure out easy meals for him to cook that week
Possibly freeze some casseroles for him
Get a contact list
Figure out ticket prices
Plan for spending money budget
Put my guilt to bed because I need this
Get Greg a list of emergency contact numbers

I honestly can't think of anything else because I've never gone very far without Greg or the kids.  So, if you can think of anything else I should add to the list please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment