Saturday, September 17, 2011

Only child kind time



Today was Ella's day to be an only child.  I try to have days where each of my children can pretend they're an only child.  The only child that gets my attention.  The one that decides what we eat, where we go, and what we do when we get there.  I have three children and two hands.  I don't always have enough time in the day to give them individual love and attention like I would like to.

So, today was Ella's day.  Greg took the older two out to a corn maze and a hay ride while Ella stayed home with me.  We played on the floor, I sang to her, and we cuddled as long as she wanted to.

I started doing this after I had my first daughter.  Dedrick had a very hard time making the transition from being an only child to being a big brother.  Our special days made the transition a little easier for him.  Even Greg has gotten into the act and will take time to do special trips for just one child.  He took Dedrick on a just him and Grandpa fishing trip recently.  They had a lot of fun and it was really needed because Greg has been working a lot of hours lately.

When Ella gets older I'll be able to do this more often, but until then I'll do what I can.  I just think it's important for me to spend one on one time with my children as often as I can.

Do you make time for special one on one days for your children?

No comments:

Post a Comment